Many new Foreclosure Cleanup Business owners are unsure of what equipment they will need to get started.
Here is a list of Must-Have items for Starting a Foreclosure Cleanup Business:
1. Computer or Laptop with Internet Connection-Preferable DSL as you will be receiving most work orders via email
2. Email address-you will need an email address to sign up with all the national asset management companies & banks-try gmail or yahoo as they are free and you can hold a large amount of email messages
3. Cell Phone "you may also want to have internet available so you can check your email while you are out on a job
4. Scanner or Fax Machine-you do not have to have this to start up, but eventually you will want to get one-the best ones are multi-machines that copy, scan, fax, and print-it will make your life a lot easier once you get busy
5. Digital Camera-you will be taking lots of pictures, shop around and you can usually get a good deal on a digital camera
6. Clipboard-this makes it easier when you are out on a job to take notes on the property
7. Car or transportation as you will be traveling to the foreclosed homes
Foreclosure Cleanup Business Equipment List:
1. Lawn Mower-if you intend on performing lawn maintenance services
2. Edger-if you intend on performing lawn maintenance services
3. Cleaning Supplies-Bleach, window cleaner, etc.
5. Broom and Dust Pan
6. Rags and Paper Towels
7. Trash Bags
8. Measuring Tape-if you are going to board up windows & broken doors-you will need to measure the space
9. Work Gloves-many of these properties are very dirty and may have hazardous materials, have work gloves for all of your workers
10. Trash Can
There are big ticket items that are usually better to rent in the beginning unless you already have them. This will allow you to have your business start making money before you have large investments of cash.
Here are a list of items you will need that you can Rent or Buy, we always advise to rent them first when starting out if you do not have them already!
1. Truck or Trailer "if you have a large job to do, consider getting a truck with a lift gate, it will make your life a lot easier"
2. Pressure Washer
3. Fiberglass Expendable Ladder